Job Title: Pre-School Teacher
Reports To: Director of GraceKids Weekday
Time Status: Fulltime
FLSA Status: Exempt
Start Date: August 2020
The Pre-school teacher selected for this position should have prior experience working with young children. The Pre-school teacher will work with young children to teach basic skills such as colors, letter and number recognition, shapes, social skills, and personal hygiene. The teacher will develop interactive learning programs that are fun and educational for the children. The Pre-school teacher will manage classroom activities including lesson plans, imaginative play, bathroom breaks, meals and rest time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
- Plan daily activities that are developmentally appropriate
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each child by responding to their emotional, social, and physical needs as well as their educational needs.
- Be a positive role model for all care giving staff and children
- The teacher will monitor and gently correct children’s behavior in the classroom to foster behavioral and social skills
- Preschool teachers communicate with parents to ensure they are meeting expectations for their children’s educational, and developmental needs.
- Establish a professional level of rapport with each family in order to provide quality care and friendly service.
- Creating and maintaining an environment that is clean, organized, and safe for all children.
- Engage children in activities and play that stimulates their development.
- Assist children with activities of daily life (restroom use, handwashing)
- Maintain a positive and professional self-image and project the Christian values and beliefs of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A member of Grace Baptist Church.
- Committed to the Core Values of the church.
- Committed to the Biblical tithing (a minimum of 10% of gross income).
- Ability to maintain sensitive confidential information.
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer service skills.
- Possess strong computer and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision, as well as work cohesively within a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively managing multiple tasks and participants in a stress-related environment with ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Provide high attention to detail and accuracy with complete follow through.
- Ability to problem solve and resolve conflict.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of two or more years of general early education teaching experience and/or pre-school experience or background.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Applicant must possess a valid social security number, valid driver’s license and a current working home/cell telephone with a number that can be accessed by management personnel for business contact purposes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be required to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- The employee may be required to periodically lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. This is not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. Further, this job description is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and amend the work of any employee under his/her supervision. I understand that employment is at the will of the employer and either the employer or the employee may terminate the employment with or without cause at any time.
I have received, reviewed, and fully understand the Job Description for Pre-School Teacher. I further understand that I am responsible for the satisfactory execution of the essential duties and responsibilities as listed herein.
Grace Christian Academy
Grace Christian Academy, a college preparatory school located in Knoxville, provides a rigorous educational program taught from a Biblical worldview for students grades K-12.
The faculty and staff at Grace Christian Academy are part of a collective team as they partner with peers, the administration, and families to carry out the mission of the school. Employees enjoy an extensive benefits package, including health insurance, tuition benefits for their own children, paid sick and personal leave. As a part of a school that seeks to lead, build, and equip students to become mature disciples of Jesus Christ, the faculty and staff enjoy a sense of fulfillment as they work together to see this vision accomplished.
Company Website: www.gcarams.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)